About the author
With over 20 years in the tech industry, Jennifer Minella has been helping security-conscious organizations solve network security challenges in meaningful ways. Combining master level network architecture skills with CISO and compliance experience, she continues this mission as Founder and Principal Advisor of Viszen Security.
Jennifer (JJ) has lead strategic research and consulting for government, education, and mid-market up to Fortune-rated organizations. She’s a published author, internationally-recognized speaker, analyst with IANS, and former board member and chairperson of (ISC)2.
Jennifer’s also known for introducing mindfulness-based leadership to individuals and organizations in infosec. And aside from meditation and security, she’s a competitive powerlifter and dancer. She also loves Figment, the imagination dragon.
- Twitter @jjx
- Amazon Author Page
- Founder and principal advisor of Viszen Security
- Faculty and consultant at IANS Research
- Member Forbes Technology Council
Achievements & Noteworthy Contributions
- Author including “Wireless Security Architecture”, co-author of “Low Tech Hacking” and various CISSP courseware versions
- International speaker including NSA Trusted Computing, RSA Conference, INFOSEC World, BruCon, Sector, Wireless Technology Forum, DeepSec, (ISC)2 Security Summit Hong Kong, Interop, Techno Security, (ISC)2 Security Congress, BSides, various local, state gov, education and healthcare conferences, various events for FBI and US Secret Service ECTF
- Contributor to community efforts including biomedical device security task force in healthcare and security, wireless and secure networking in other vertical task forces
- Program committee member for RSAC USA, Executive Women’s Forum (EWF) and others
- Published writer in Dark Reading, Information Security Magazine, Network Computing and others
- Creator of Mindfulness-Based Leadership for Infosec workshops
- SC Magazine Top 10 Power Players
- Former (ISC)2 chairperson and board member
- Former VP of Engineering & Security for Carolina Advanced Digital, Inc.
- Invited VIP/technical ambassador for multiple technology manufacturers including Juniper and HPE
- Former member National Speakers Association (NSA)
- CyberPatriot mentor for Cyber Security in high schools
- #4 Global Security Thought Leadership
- Author of award-winning Security Uncorked blog
Certifications & Credentials
- (ISC)2 CISSP
- Google’s Search Inside Yourself Leadership Training
- Certified Wireless IoT Solutions Administrator (CWISA)
- Numerous technical certifications around WiFi, IoT, switch/route, security, AI and AIOps
Hobbies & Fun Facts
In her spare time aside from cyber security mentorship and volunteering, Jen gets in to all kinds of things. She’s a World Record powerlifter and former competitive ballroom dancer who loves reading and the outdoors. She’s traded in her Ducati for a kayak and still enjoys Figment the Imagination Dragon. She can usually be lured anywhere with promises of rye whisky.