It’s that time again!We’re hosting our (CAD’s) 7th Annual IT Hot Topics Conference and Golf Tourney.
To be quite honest, with the travel budgets as they are, we came into 2009’s planning with expectations of a much lower turnout than our previous two years (when we moved the event to the beautiful Grandover Resort). As it turns out, after opening registration for just a couple of weeks, we had about 130% of registrations over last year and they’re still coming in!
Every year has been filled with exciting additions over previous years. This year, we’re delighted to host a special opening keynote with renowned computer security expert and author, Johnny Long. Johnny is someone I have grown to know and respect greatly in the industry in the few times our paths have crossed speaking at various events. He’s about to embark on an exciting new journey and I’m hoping to hear more about that when we see him next week.
In addition to Johnny, some of your other favorite security pros will be presenting, including the world famous physical security specialist (and pen tester) Jack Wiles of The Training Co. and Trey Ford will also be present in his web app security and PCI hat for a special session.
There may even be a special appearance by Hoot the owl. More on that later…
Features for IT Hot Topics 2009
- Keynote by Johnny Long
- 16 Unique Technical Breakouts
- Industry Experts Hot Topics Roundtable
- Vendor Technology Spotlights
- One-on-Ones with Engineers
- CPE Automatic Registration
- Technology Showcases
- Lunch and Refreshments
- Private Directors Reception
- Smart Planning for 802.11n Wireless
- Network Pen Testing: From Known to Owned in 50 Minutes
- Website Security and PCI – Making it Easy
- Hardening the Network Infrastructure – A How-to for All Environments
- Social Engineering – Here’s How I Broke Into Their Buildings!
- Thinking Privacy: 10 Reasons Your Business Should Be More Concerned About Workplace Privacy
- 10 Fun PacketShaper Tricks
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Optional Golf Tournament (Friday)
- A Search Engine for IT Data (Splunk)
- Full Disk Encryption & Key Management (Winmagic)
- Going Green with Clean VPN (SonicWALL)
- Distributed Enterprise Solutions (Juniper)
- Moving to Managed Security Services (RacPack by CAD)
- Content Filtering, Proxy and Shaping from BlueCoat (BlueCoat)
- Web Application Security, Compliance and Integrity (Breach Security)
- Infrastructure Security Roadmap (HP ProCurve Networking)
CAD’s 7th Annual IT Hot Topics Conference & Golf Tourney
May 7th & 8th, 2009
Grandover Resort & Conference Center
Partners for 2009 include
- Juniper Networks
- HP ProCurve Networking
- AirTight Networks
- Blue Coat
- Breach Security
- Littler Law Solutions
- White Hat Security
- The Training Co.
- ISSA, InfraGard
The conference is hosted by our company (Carolina Advanced Digital, Inc.) and partners and is free to qualified attendees. Qualified attendees meaning current IT and security professionals who are not employed by a competitor or an unaffiliated organization. We welcome ISSA, ISACA, InfraGard and USSS ECTF members.
If you are a “qualified attendee” you may still register online at www.HotTopicsConference.com. Hope to see you there!
# # #